Wednesday, April 11, 2007

For the MMORPG Fans

I've noticed the comments about the upcoming MMORPG content. While I don't have any of the new content ready yet, other than my second post, I thought I would take the time to re-link an old paper I wrote about MMORPG gambling. You can read the paper here.

I re-posted the paper on GoogleDocs since my TTU posting will expire in the not too distant future. That paper has been referenced many times, according to my most recent searches, including Wikipedia, Kotaku, Answers.com, and other scholarly papers posted online. A quick google search will generate quite a few results.

One note on the content of the paper: it is officially out of date. Because of changes to eBay policy on the sale of virtual goods and the passage of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, a some of the current analysis no longer applies, other than in the theoretical sense. I've written an update, but due to some potential publication restrictions, I cannot post the update at this time. Perhaps it will make an appearance here in the future.

No comments: